Re: Intrusion Detection

From: Damir Horvat (damir@voljatel.si)
Date: 03/13/02

Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 08:11:24 +0100
From: Damir Horvat <damir@voljatel.si>
To: security@freebsd.org

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:05:02 -0400 "Tyler Shaw" <tshaw@hfx.eastlink.ca>
wrote:

> Anyone know of an intrusion detection system for FreeBSD??

tail -f /var/log/messages for start.
logcheck
tripwire
snort

need more?

damir

  • Re: New to Snort.
    ... On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Peter Brezny wrote: ... > I'm new to using snort, and would like to know if this is the appropriate ... "FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!" ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Snort problem.
    ... But the snort does nothing: not log or alert scans, portscans, ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Tripwire for Dummies
    ... could someone be so kind and point my nose to a configuration How-To of ... Tripwire for a dummie like me? ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Security Check Diffs Question
    ... > Problem with that is it doesn't work in commercial envrionments unless ... > you pay the fee for the commercial version of Tripwire. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • IDS
    ... program named Hogwash which uses the snort ... Can anyone perhaps recommend another program and/or method to do this. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)