openssh problems (fwd)

From: what (thursday@sdf.lonestar.org)
Date: 03/08/02

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 20:58:23 +0000 (UTC)
From: what <thursday@sdf.lonestar.org>
To: <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>

thursday@sdf.lonestar.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:33:27 +0000 (UTC)
From: what <thursday@sdf.lonestar.org>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: openssh problems

Hi,

This is on a FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE machine.

I upgraded my installation of openssh from 3.0.2 to 3.1 today.

got new ports skeleton for /usr/ports/security/openssh

pkg_delete openssh-3.0.2
cd /usr/ports/security/openssh
make
make install

it compiles nicely and installs fine

but when i try to ssh out of the machine to my isp, or into the machine
from anywhere, it returns crc error, and won't connect...

here's a little bit from ssh -v some.host.com

debug1: Remote protocol version 1.5, remote software version 1.2.32
debug1: no match: 1.2.32
debug1: Local version string SSH-1.5-OpenSSH_3.1
debug1: Waiting for server public key.
debug1: Received server public key (768 bits) and host key (1024 bits).
debug1: Host 'some.host.com' is known and matches the RSA1 host key.
debug1: Found key in /home/thursday/.ssh/known_hosts:1
debug1: Encryption type: 3des
debug1: Sent encrypted session key.
debug1: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
Disconnecting: Corrupted check bytes on input.
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x805921c(0x0)

Help?

What makes this worse, is I'm doing this over anSSH connection, so if I
lose the 2 sessions I have open, I'm screwed.

Thanks,

--
thursday@sdf.lonestar.org

  • SSH incompatibility issue ?
    ... OpenSSL 0x0090702f ... Warning: Server lies about size of server public key: actual size is 1151 ... debug1: Connection established. ... Received server public key and host key. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Help setting up sshd, please
    ... I'm trying to get sshd working on an embryonic Gentoo installation. ... I've run sshd as sshd -d, which puts debugging info onto the screen. ... debug1: userauth-request for user root service ssh-connection method ... then you're on the installation media's kernel still. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: openssh-3.1p1 will not compile on slackware 7.1 system
    ... I applied the mindrot patch and got OpenSSH to compile on my Red Hat ... The mindrot patch is included in the current Red Hat SRPM for OpenSSH ... debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be trusted. ... Received server public key and host key. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • ssh security
    ... Hi folks, question about ssh, (if anyone knows of a more suitable group ... If you try to log into a remote machine that you're not allowed access to, ... debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, ... Received server public key and host key. ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: port forwarding without the shell
    ... debug1: Connection established. ... Received server public key and host key. ... Trying RSA authentication with key '/home/andrius/.ssh/identity' ...
    (SSH)