Re: ssh keys not working?

From: Ceri (setantae@submonkey.net)
Date: 03/06/02

Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:32:12 +0000
From: Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net>
To: David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 08:18:08AM -0800, David Wolfskill wrote:
> >Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:13:35 +0000
> >From: Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net>
>
> >Other than that, check that your Protocol line is 1,2 instead of 2,1.
>
> I would be somewhat surprised if that were effective, as I have
>
> Protocol 2,1
>
> explicitly in my ~/.ssh/ssh_config, and relay on ssh for connecting to
> other machines routinely.

Seeing Michael's follow-up, I would suggest you prepare to be surprised.
I have often found RSA key authentication to fail when version 2 is used
first.

Ceri

--
keep a mild groove on

  • Re: SSHD revelaing too much information.
    ... >>'OpenSSH_2.3.0' part is required for the protocol. ... Displaying the extra version string info later on would be pointless, ... Bragging might attract the wrong types to test ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Questions (Rants?) About IPSEC
    ... I have one major question: ... Any enlightenment I can receive that can convince me IPSEC is anything ... more than an alpha-quality protocol that requires vendors ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Default ssh protocol in -STABLE [was: HEADS UP: FreeBSD-STABLE now has OpenSSH 3.4p1]
    ... >> Use of protocol version 1 makes an insertion attack possible, ... CERT recommended in December of 2001 that protocol version 1 be disabled: ... mild inconvenience. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Default sshd_config settings
    ... >> protocol 2). ... > for ssh2 and dsa keys, have you heard about an ETA of these features? ... Kris ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Dark Week Game: Is This A Question? (May 2007)
    ... Follow-up: Does protocol (or just plain courtesy) dictate that I wait ... until someone *else* asks a question before I query you further? ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)