Re: crashs on 4.5RC

From: Alfred Perlstein (bright@mu.org)
Date: 02/01/02

Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:56:32 -0800
From: Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To: suporte <hh@dsgx.org>

* suporte <hh@dsgx.org> [020201 10:23] wrote:
> i updated my 4.4 to an 4.5RC the first time that i compiled .. it was
> crashing almost everysingle hour .. i booted up again on the old
> 4.5PRE-RELEASE .. and recompile the kernel with the new updates from cvsup
> .. k so was finally stable again .. now i can't get an uptime more than 4
> days .. so i tryed again yesterday made another update using the cvsup there
> was a bunch of things new there .. i compile again .. how many time do u
> guys think this thing gonna keep reseting me and a bunch of friends we're
> having the same problems .. we really use the machine is not just a simple
> for mails .. is for eggdrops/apache/ircds/bncs .. stuffs like that ..
> can anybody give me a light ?

Please see:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

for information on how to give a more useful (read: we can do something
about your problems with this information) bug report.

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]
Tax deductable donations for FreeBSD: http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/

  • cvsup10.freebsd.org seems broken
    ... Updating ports via cvsup against cvsup10.freebsd.org has shown no new files for at least a few days, if not longer. ... I switched to cvsup4 and got a bunch of new updates. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: no updates?
    ... updates for a couple of days now, even though I've seen quite a few ... # FreeBSD-current source tree. ... # CVSup allows you to download the latest CVS ... # The easiest way to get the main source tree is to use the "src-all" ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Zone Alarm Pro demanding more money.
    ... > to make a bunch of unecessary short journeys in our cars at 15mpg per ... > dump the service and go pay full price for somebody else's.. ... My point is that most users still don't see subscriptions as consumables ... Those updates and patches cost money for the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: ports security branch
    ... will fetch all the ports that have updates, so you really don't have to do much except launch cvsup and then launch portupgrade once cvsup is done. ... When first getting used to this stuff I thought it moderately burdensome compared to automatic binary updates, but I quickly came to understand the value of being able to choose exactly what, how and when to upgrade. ... Greg Barniskis, Computer Systems Integrator ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Can I delete *FC3* files from my FC4 system?
    ... you've got a bunch of packages installed with later "FC3" ... > configured aren't providing updates for these. ... (Only sarg was left and I dont use it, ...
    (Fedora)