Re: relaying mail from DHCP clients

From: Asep Ruspeni (asepruspeni@yahoo.com)
Date: 01/22/02

From: "Asep Ruspeni" <asepruspeni@yahoo.com>
To: <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:38:44 +0700

> add an entry to /etc/mail/access containing the range off addresses you
> want to relay for. then remake the access database and restart sendmail.
>
> for instance, if you want to relay for 192.168.0.0/24, you add an entry
> like:
>
> 192.168.0

thank you for your advice, i did have addedd entry
/etc/mail/access
and then rebuild the access db with
makemap hash access < access

but still i got error messages like this (when i started sending mail to
some mail account at yahoo.com):

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was some-account@yahoo.com. Subject
'test smtp', Account: 'my-domain', Server: 'my-domain', Protocol: SMTP,
Server Response: '550 5.7.1 <some-account@yahoo.com>... Relaying denied. IP
name lookup failed [10.10.2.46]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

my range of IP address i want to relay : 10.10.2.1 - 10.10.2.254

any further suggestions?
asep.

  • Re: Relay Question
    ... An open relay ... is an SMTP e-mail server that allows third-party relay of e-mail messages. ... Exchange 2003 is by default configured to prevent open relay. ... Microsoft does not control these sites ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Relay Question
    ... An open relay ... is an SMTP e-mail server that allows third-party relay of e-mail messages. ... Exchange 2003 is by default configured to prevent open relay. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Email problems with SBS 2003 Std
    ... Please check if your SBS is open relay. ... From the server, click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft ... Click the Access tab and click Relay. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Help! Being Used As A Relay
    ... Make sure that your Guest account is disabled. ... Installing malwares on the server that could enable me to ... Oh, remove Relay completely. ... address that exists in your org, your Exchange will deliver the mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: SMTP Relay Best Practice Question
    ... logging enabled on your Exchange server, and see what is happening when you ... MFP device attempts to relay. ... With such a configuration you can have an open relay ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)