Re: MD5 password salt calculation

From: Rik (freebsd-security@rikrose.net)
Date: 01/05/02

Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 22:34:07 +0000
From: Rik <freebsd-security@rikrose.net>
To: David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>

> >Are there any better docs about Modular Crypt Format (to give it the
> >proper title).
>
> UTS -- see /usr/src/lib/libcrypt/crypt.c; in particular, the crypt_types
> array.

Yes, I'd found that thanks, I was more wondering about docs that agreed
between OS'es that defined what the various algorithms are, and how long
the salt usually is, and how I would switch to blowfish crypted
passwords on a system.

--
PGP Key: D2729A3F - Keyserver: wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net - rich at rdrose dot org
Key fingerprint = 5EB1 4C63 9FAD D87B 854C  3DED 1408 ED77 D272 9A3F

  • Re: Airport keeps switching to neighbors linksys
    ... wherein "Always remember new networks" is set to 1 and JoinMode is ... menu option to select the proper type of encryption - that it to force ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Get data of internal data representation of primitive type
    ... I must allocate them of the proper type(which I can't because I can't do ... ReadValueType(stream, numo); ... that is my code right now to handle an array. ... (basically if val is an array of value types then Deserializesub will get it ...
  • Re: $# array creation and data rotation
    ... ,, array to ONLY 10 values? ... If you want a language with "proper" ways of doing certain things, ... ,, now, as data comes in via the serial port ... ,, first want to "shift" the data: ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: How can I run over controls dynamically ?
    ... Instead of six separate controls, create an array of text boxes. ... this, create the first one with the proper name and features like size, ... The name of the textBoxes are: ...
  • Array of structures
    ... I want to build an array of this structure but the number of employees ... I know I need to first allocate the structure and then allocate the ... struct Company CompArray; ... I guess my questions pertain to proper allocation of the structure and ...
    (comp.lang.c.moderated)