Re: MD5 password salt calculation

From: Rik (freebsd-security@rikrose.net)
Date: 01/05/02

Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 22:34:07 +0000
From: Rik <freebsd-security@rikrose.net>
To: David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>

> >Are there any better docs about Modular Crypt Format (to give it the
> >proper title).
>
> UTS -- see /usr/src/lib/libcrypt/crypt.c; in particular, the crypt_types
> array.

Yes, I'd found that thanks, I was more wondering about docs that agreed
between OS'es that defined what the various algorithms are, and how long
the salt usually is, and how I would switch to blowfish crypted
passwords on a system.

--
PGP Key: D2729A3F - Keyserver: wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net - rich at rdrose dot org
Key fingerprint = 5EB1 4C63 9FAD D87B 854C  3DED 1408 ED77 D272 9A3F