Re: MS5 password salt calculation

From: David Wolfskill (david@catwhisker.org)
Date: 01/05/02

Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 13:17:48 -0800 (PST)
From: David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-security@rikrose.net

>Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 19:39:39 +0000
>From: Rik <freebsd-security@rikrose.net>

>I've been thinking about this Modulær Crypt Format, and wondering what
>it's capable of, and where the docs are for it...

>Are there any better docs about Modular Crypt Format (to give it the
>proper title).

UTS -- see /usr/src/lib/libcrypt/crypt.c; in particular, the crypt_types
array.

Cheers,
david

I believe it would be irresponsible (and thus, unethical) for me to advise,
recommend, or support the use of any product that is or depends on any
Microsoft product for any purpose other than personal amusement.