Re: ipfw+syn

From: endrju (endrju@mail.lv)
Date: 12/13/01

From: "endrju" <endrju@mail.lv>
To: <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 19:43:24 +0200

oh, i forget....
i run: nmap -sS -f

sS - stealth syn scan
f - tiny fragmented packets.

----- Original Message -----
From: "endrju" <endrju@mail.lv>
To: <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 7:04 PM
Subject: ipfw+syn

> when i tried something like this:
> nmap -sS ... but:
> sendto in send_syn_fragz: Permission denied
> sendto in send_syn_fragz: Permission denied
>
> i even set my firewall rules to
> 'allow ip from any to any'
> but nothing happened.
>
> what's wrong / what can i do?
>
> ..endrju.

  • Re: hiding OS name
    ... # TCP_DROP_SYNFIN adds support for ignoring TCP packets with SYN+FIN. ... # prevents nmap et al. from identifying the TCP/IP stack, ... > scanned by something like nmap using the OS detection, ... >> with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: ipfw+syn
    ... ...but nmap tells you that you need root priviledges immediately ... when you execute it, so you wouldn't get far enough to get the ... permission denied errors, so...nevermind. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: How can I erase my fingertips .
    ... > I want to stop nmap from detecting my os. ... You might be able to fool nmap, ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: ipfw+syn
    ... Silly question, maybe, but did you run nmap as root? ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)