Re: ISSalert: ISS Security Alert: WU-FTPD Heap Corruption Vulnerability (fwd)

From: Gregory Sutter (gsutter@zer0.org)
Date: 12/01/01

Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:52:05 -0800
From: Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>
To: Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>

On 2001-11-30 09:53 +0100, Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de> wrote:

> Any opinions whether wu-ftpd on FreeBSD is vulnerable too? To my mind, it
> seems so.

Given wu-ftpd's history, it is just a terrible idea to run it
anywhere on any platform.

But maybe that's just me.

Greg

--
Gregory S. Sutter                                    Fnord.
mailto:gsutter@zer0.org

  • Re: Are you truly a M$ desktop alternative?
    ... >> As mentioned before, FreeBSD is NOT Linux. ... Keep that in mind. ... >> KDE's Kmail can connect to Exchange servers, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Installing MS Office on FreeBSD
    ... >> There is an interesting article about installing MS Office 2000 on FreeBSD ... A question that ranks higher in my mind is: ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: MPLS implementatrion!
    ... It seems to be targeted at FreeBSD 4.2, ... ability to open an MPLS socket is useful in anything other than an ... MPLS is not a protocol which is designed with end-stations in mind -- ... on a packet filtering engine at the ingress point. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: FreeBSD 5.3 and nForce4-SLI chipset: working?
    ... > I need a new computer and I have in mind using this machine for some ... > extensive calculations. ... I haven't had good luck with FreeBSD ... there is a nvidia driver for freebsd that works well with the one I have ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Beastie Logo, humble thoughts
    ... > usually sane, inovative, freeBSD loving posters could be so fierce. ... > with the freeBSD projects best intentions in mind. ... Beastie for reasons I can't really explain at this point - not sure if ... relevant threads - I only read your message because it is a new ...
    (freebsd-questions)