Re: Stock ftpd

From: Chris Faulhaber (
Date: 11/30/01

Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:46:12 -0500
From: Chris Faulhaber <>
To: "Martin G. McCormick" <>

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 09:16:11AM -0600, Martin G. McCormick wrote:
> I am asking this question just to be safe. Is the ftp
> daemon which is part of the normal FreeBSD distribution based on
> wuftpd? In other words, my ftp server identifies as

No, the FreeBSD FTP server is based on the original BSD FTP
server and has no real relation to wu-ftpd.

> 220 hostname FTP server (Version 6.00LS) ready.
> Do I need to replace it?

No. If you need more functionality, you may want to review
the security history of the alternatives before deciding.

Chris D. Faulhaber - -
FreeBSD: The Power To Serve   -

To Unsubscribe: send mail to

  • RE:
    ... > is the master FTP server ... > master site is only accusable by ftp mirror sites. ... > most of the normal FreeBSD mirror sites. ... > Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! ...
  • RE:
    ... is the master FTP server where all the other ... mirror FreeBSD FTP servers get their content to update with. ...
  • support for natted ftp server and passive mode
    ... Do any of the firewall products on FreeBSD provide support ... Without having the ftp server advertise the external address ... "They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, ...
  • Best FTPD...
    ... I need an FTP Server for FreeBSD 4.8 that complies with the following: ... Listens on multiple Interfaces ... Currently running FTPD (Standard FreeBSD FTPD), but you can browse the whole ...
  • Help: Setting up FTP server is not in the handbook... or is it?
    ... to share with my friends remotely via ftp server. ... currently using freebsd 4.9 and I've been repeatedly ... something in the handbook or its just that there isn't ... Do you Yahoo!? ...