Re: Port 1214 - Is It Used For A Specific Purpose?

From: Chris Faulhaber (jedgar@fxp.org)
Date: 11/25/01

Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 16:00:17 -0500
From: Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
To: Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>

On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 07:08:33AM -0800, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
> I was looking over my firewall logs this morning and noticed that there
> are many attempts to connect to TCP port 1214 from different addresses.
> I've searched the web but found no specific mention of any standard
> purpose for this port. I suppose this is some sort of scan but was just
> wondering if anyone knows exactly what this is?

Probably KaZaa, a file-sharing network. See
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/75/241439 for a possible
explanation.

--
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org

  • Re: Port 1214 - Is It Used For A Specific Purpose?
    ... came up when I did a little searching. ... >I was looking over my firewall logs this morning and noticed that there ... >are many attempts to connect to TCP port 1214 from different addresses. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Port 1214 - Is It Used For A Specific Purpose?
    ... I was looking over my firewall logs this morning and noticed that there ... are many attempts to connect to TCP port 1214 from different addresses. ... a private address but it's OK as my ADSL modem/router gets a public ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Connection to TCP port 1197?
    ... > Does anyone know what TCP port 1197 is supposed to do? ... My firewall logs are ... hp-webadmin 1188/tcp HP Web Admin ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)