Re: jail

From: Crist J. Clark (cristjc@earthlink.net)
Date: 11/05/01

Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 22:32:30 -0800
From: "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To: alexus <ml@db.nexgen.com>

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 07:55:38PM -0500, alexus wrote:
> does jail require to have NAT set up in order for jail users to go outside
> of jail (like browse, telneting out and etc..)

No.

                                   |     cjclark@jhu.edu

  • Re: jail
    ... my jail users seems to be really in jail:) ... >> does jail require to have NAT set up in order for jail users to go ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • jail
    ... does jail require to have NAT set up in order for jail users to go outside ... of jail (like browse, telneting out and etc..) ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Some questions about jails
    ... You don't need to start a jail with procfs, ... > network card present in the host system? ... > one jail's purpouses is to fool the jail users, ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: misc/187307: Security vulnerability with FreeBSD Jail
    ... give out host shell account, privileged or not, to jail users if they ... jail# chmod 6555 /bin/root_shell ... you basically have a setuid binary that can be reached from host ... jail users have no business on the host. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)