tcp_wrappers

From: Igor Roshchin (str@giganda.komkon.org)
Date: 10/16/01

Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:38:11 -0400 (EDT)
From: Igor Roshchin <str@giganda.komkon.org>
To: security@freebsd.org

Hello!

on a 4.x system: tcpd_chk(8) barks:
warning: /etc/hosts.allow, line 71: popper: service possibly not wrapped
From some side symptoms I suspect it might be the case.
Does it make sense to run tcp_wrappers from the ports collection
on the popper daemon ?

I noticed that tcp_wrappers port in its Makefile has :

.if exists(/usr/include/tcpd.h)
FORBIDDEN= tcp_wrappers is in the base system
.endif

I wonder if there is any conflict if I used both base-system tcp_wrappers,
and the one from ports (the latter for wrapping a particular daemon).

Thanks,

Igor

  • Re: tcp_wrappers
    ... >>From some side symptoms I suspect it might be the case. ... > on the popper daemon? ... > and the one from ports. ... it contains is functionally available in the base system (with tcpd ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Running Tally: Actual evidence for Evolution
    ... I suspect you just made it up. ... He's conflated Kuhn with Popper! ... University of Queensland - Blog: ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Adding IMAP support to a 6.2-RELEASE system
    ... If I want to add IMAP support to my FreeBSD mail server (procmail + ... popper currently) what's the best choice in the ports? ... various devices connect via POP3 (hence popper) but it's showing its age ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)