Re: Windows 2000 Server behind IPFW/NAT tries to update external DNS?

From: setantae (setantae@submonkey.net)
Date: 09/28/01

Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:45:04 +0100
From: setantae <setantae@submonkey.net>
To: "Karl M. Joch" <k.joch@kmjeuro.com>

[More appropriate in -questions (if anywhere), followups set]

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 02:59:42PM +0200, Karl M. Joch wrote:
> i know this is quit off-topic, but i think this could affect others too.
> i have a FreeBSD IPFW/NAT box at a customer. they hav an windows 2000
> server in their local net running on 192.168.x.x. i have no access to
> this server, but the admin showed me he has not clicked the register in
> dns button on this server as on all workstations.

That box is ticked by default.
Also, there is one box per interface, and even though it doesn't tell you,
you have to reboot after unticking the box for it to take effect.

Ceri

--
keep a mild groove on

  • Windows 2000 Server behind IPFW/NAT tries to update external DNS?
    ... i have a FreeBSD IPFW/NAT box at a customer. ... server in their local net running on 192.168.x.x. ... dns button on this server as on all workstations. ... this stupid thing with samba, there is no way for it. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: SBS 2003 Misconfigured?
    ... up one of the workstations via remote web connection, ... but why are you looking at the server rather than the workstation? ... (this will show you the DHCP lease info). ... The Netgear, or whatever you use as your gateway to get out to the Internet. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 Misconfigured?
    ... When I remote back into the server and look at DHCP, ... I assume DHCP assigned it, but how can I verify that. ... the workstations, I was having connection problems with the workstations. ... The netgear has a setting for the Internet IP which is set to the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: status of mas90 client
    ... Gregg Hill wrote: ... The Dell PE 2800 server ... The workstations are slow to open applications, slow to save files to the ... SBS BPA gives a clean report. ...