Re: ~/.login_conf disabling exact reasons wanted

From: Andrey A. Chernov (ache@nagual.pp.ru)
Date: 09/22/01

Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:44:48 +0400
From: "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To: Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>, security@FreeBSD.org, rwatson@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org, developers@FreeBSD.org

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 14:12:17 +0200, Alexander Langer wrote:
> Thus spake Andrey A. Chernov (ache@nagual.pp.ru):
>
> > Why it is hoax? One reason is simple, look at his examples:
>
> A hoax, that has been tested and verified by 10+ people on IRC, where he originally
> reported it.

Please, read me carefully. This bug not exist in -current, where it is
disabled by mistake via commit I complain. I not test other branches, I
mean -current. Proper fix will be to commit -current libutil/login_cap to
other branches, not disable it, especially in -current.

> > Only "me" class can be defined in ~/.login_conf, anything else ignored
> > there. And "me" class picked up only when permissions are set to user
> > mode, at the end of setusercontext(). And "copyright" and "welcome" are
> > not overwriteable from "me" class in any case.
>
> Yeah, now you know what is broken.

It is working in -current.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/

  • Re: Dog sentenced to death by stoning by Rabbinical court.
    ... the reason the argument was pursued even after ... Meir B declared it was a hoax was in response to *Moshe's* remark that ...
    (soc.culture.jewish.moderated)
  • Re: Tired of CGI? Heres IGI...
    ... Your outrage looks like a hoax. ...  And an inept one at that. ... bother explaining how it's not, ... enters a thread for one reason and one reason only. ...
    (rec.arts.movies.current-films)
  • Re: ~/.login_conf disabling exact reasons wanted
    ... A hoax, that has been tested and verified by 10+ people on IRC, where he originally ... Alex ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Moon Illusion
    ... a response. ... Any reason you believe me to be a communist? ... that you really do believe the landing was a hoax. ...
    (sci.optics)
  • Re: You Got To Keep It Separated?
    ... Well, it's not a hoax, but it's not exactly a legitimate ... reason for people to freak out, ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)