How to config ipfw for ftp server

From: Chutima S. (
Date: 09/19/01

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 23:27:56 -0700
From: "Chutima S." <>
To: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG

I try to config ipfw fot outside world can ftp to ftp server in internal
network (real IP but behide my firewall). I config as:

ipfw add pass tcp from any to <ftpserver> 21 setup

I test by ftp from Internet world. I can login to ftpserver but can
not open data connection for get or list files in folder. Is it concern
about passive mode or ftp-data port (20)?

Chutima S.

Chutima Subsirin - email
(202) 777-2641 ext. 6020 - voicemail/fax
To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at
To Unsubscribe: send mail to