Re: US Congress already discussing bans on strong crypto

From: Matt Watson (sideshow@terahertz.net)
Date: 09/14/01

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 21:16:47 -0500 (CDT)
From: Matt Watson <sideshow@terahertz.net>
To: Scott Corey <Scott@bsdprophet.org>

Not to mention the united states wasn't even a country in 1759. They were
still a british colony then.

-- Matt Watson
   TeraHertz Communications

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Scott Corey wrote:

> Benjamin Franklin was not a United States President, however, he was
> monumental in molding the United States.
>

> Salvo Bartolotta wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,46816,00.html
> >
> > > Congress Mulls Stiff Crypto Laws
> > > By Declan McCullagh (declan@wired.com)
> > > 1:45 p.m. Sep. 13, 2001 PDT
> >
> > > WASHINGTON -- The encryption wars have begun.
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > I'll let another American President respond:
> >
> > "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
> > safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
> > -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message

  • Will Obama Con You - Again?
    ... the assumption that the United States of America still exists. ... Let's look at an example of said breakdown. ... First, what is liberty NOT? ... there is such conformity may a body politic be called free. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Will Obama Con You - Again?
    ... the assumption that the United States of America still exists. ... Let's look at an example of said breakdown. ... First, what is liberty NOT? ... there is such conformity may a body politic be called free. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Will Obama Con You - Again?
    ... the assumption that the United States of America still exists. ... Let's look at an example of said breakdown. ... First, what is liberty NOT? ... there is such conformity may a body politic be called free. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Democracy just doesnt work.
    ... 'Rev Dr' Lenny Flank wrote in talk.origins ... > judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, ... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary ... safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: THE CASE FOR A MANDATORY CYCLE HELMET LAW (IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA) by Andre Jute
    ... by Andre Jute ... ability to own and use firearms, smacks of barbarism rather than ... rugged liberty more evident in rhetoric than reality. ... the United States federal government had no basis or authority to ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)