Re: US Congress already discussing bans on strong crypto

From: Scott Corey (Scott@bsdprophet.org)
Date: 09/14/01

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:24:38 -0500
From: Scott Corey <Scott@bsdprophet.org>
To: Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>

Benjamin Franklin was not a United States President, however, he was
monumental in molding the United States.

Salvo Bartolotta wrote:

> > http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,46816,00.html
>
> > Congress Mulls Stiff Crypto Laws
> > By Declan McCullagh (declan@wired.com)
> > 1:45 p.m. Sep. 13, 2001 PDT
>
> > WASHINGTON -- The encryption wars have begun.
>
> <snip>
>
> I'll let another American President respond:

> -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

  • Re: Democracy just doesnt work.
    ... 'Rev Dr' Lenny Flank wrote in talk.origins ... > judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, ... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary ... safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Oct 27
    ... was that a "clear and present danger" to the United States or our ... and financier of international terrorism. ... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary ... safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: US Congress already discussing bans on strong crypto
    ... Not to mention the united states wasn't even a country in 1759. ... > Benjamin Franklin was not a United States President, however, he was ... >> "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary ... >> safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: What a let down. . .
    ... > King George I-III ... United States. ... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary ... safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ...
    (sci.space.history)
  • Will Obama Con You - Again?
    ... the assumption that the United States of America still exists. ... Let's look at an example of said breakdown. ... First, what is liberty NOT? ... there is such conformity may a body politic be called free. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)