RE: Possible New Security Tool For FreeBSD

From: Not Going to Tell You (luckywolf19@hotmail.com)
Date: 09/03/01

From: "Not Going to Tell You" <luckywolf19@hotmail.com>
To: security@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 14:44:38 +0000

Quotation from the FreeBSD Handbook, Security pages:

"Security is best implemented through a layered ``onion'' approach. In a
nutshell, what you want to do is to create as many layers of security as are
convenient and then carefully monitor the system for intrusions."

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/security-intro.html

Lucky

  • Re: Hitlist for Security
    ... I'd start with the Security chapter of the FreeBSD Handbook. ... Ciao, ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Franklin
    ... I'm certainly not advocating any kind of anarchy and agree that in accepting a legal framework to live in, we all accept certain restrictions in our freedom, in exchange for the security that it gives us. ... The reason I like the quotation though, and include it in my list of signatures, is because of the current political climate. ... It runs right through society though, producing idiocies such as the police investigation of Cherie Blair, discussed over thataway. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Illegal to do research on cryptography?
    ... > In a nutshell, my system creates a feeling of security, particularly since ...
    (sci.crypt)