Re[2]: Possible New Security Tool For FreeBSD, Need Your Help.

From: Nickolay A.Kritsky (nkritsky@internethelp.ru)
Date: 09/03/01

Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:29:10 +0400
From: "Nickolay A.Kritsky" <nkritsky@internethelp.ru>
To: "Carroll, D. (Danny)" <Danny.Carroll@mail.ing.nl>

Hello D.,

CDD> Yeah but Obfuscation PLUS good security does not hurt, in fact it helps.
CDD> Just so long as you don't *rely* on it.

Don't you think it is really _too_ complicated. While you have
firewalls, open key logins, IP based verification. Just Keep It
Simple. IMHO the more complicated it gets, the more chances you have,
that in one day all this "security improvements" will play against
you.

;-------------------------------------------
; NKritsky
; SysAdmin InternetHelp.Ru
; http://www.internethelp.ru
; mailto:nkritsky@internethelp.ru

  • Re: submitting text for use in a mysql database
    ... > Depending on the system also depends who gets hurt in the cross-fire.. ... Microsoft invests billions of dollars in security, ... want to do is fix the biggest ones and slowly make it better over time. ... You can't run before you can walk, so I want to learn to walk first, that is ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] The home user problem returns
    ... idiot clicking attachments can infect 10,000 other idiots a day ... >that institute end-user security training. ... >have no opportunity to hurt themselves. ... It uses Zen4 to render anything you get. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: I do not get ssh. Why is it more secure?
    ... concerned and there is no one size fits all, ... reiterate that too much security never hurt in any way ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • RE: Re[2]: Possible New Security Tool For FreeBSD, Need Your Help.
    ... :CDD> Just so long as you don't *rely* on it. ... :that in one day all this "security improvements" will play against ... If this message contains password-protected attachments, the files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: free source for bbs
    ... The easy way to do that would be to find an existing message board ... Have you read Perl's standard doc with the title "Perl security"? ... There is no need to abandon programming. ... What you are doing can hurt people. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)