Security update packages don't recognized patched 4.3-RELEASE

From: Blaz Zupan (blaz@inlimbo.org)
Date: 08/30/01

Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 22:28:55 +0200 (CEST)
From: Blaz Zupan <blaz@inlimbo.org>
To: <security@freebsd.org>

I usually cvsup RELENG_4_3 to update our servers, but this time I wanted to
quickly patch the lpd hole by simply installing the update package.
Unfortunatelly it complains that it can only be installed on 4.3-RELEASE.
Well, I *am* running 4.3-RELEASE, but patched up to 4.3-RELEASE-p14. I believe
the +INSTALL script should support this, what do others think?

  • Re: Service Pack 3 for XP
    ... I understand that Vista SP1 Betas must be uninstalled prior to installing the final version and wonder if the same applies to XP SP3. ... it is also recommended that you back up files and settings on your machine before applying this update package. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • RE: BITS udate unsuccessfull
    ... "jim riverman" wrote: ... > Software update incomplete" error message when you visit the Windows Update ... > Update package that includes Background Intelligent Transfer Service ... > You may want to download the full BITS package and try installing it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • clean libxml2 and libxslt reinstall on 10.3.9 (PPC) ?
    ... update package. ... Also I have installed the XCode 1.5 disk. ... My dirty variant would be installing the newer version over the old ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • 9_Recommended error codes (specifically return code 5)
    ... * "return code 2" indicates patches are already installed. ... * "return code 25" means a patches requires another patch that is not yet installed. ... With or without using the save option, the patch installation process ... Installing 114008-01... ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Which security patch NOT to install
    ... This revised patch corrects an installation issue that some customers ... has caused some customers difficulty installing the patch. ... Unless she has the previous patch for those languages installed why ... (Command Software A/V) ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)