Re: jail & security
From: Alexey Zakirov (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Next message: Gabor Zahemszky: "Re: Compromised system."
- Previous message: Igor Melnichuk: "jail & security"
- In reply to: Igor Melnichuk: "jail & security"
- Next in thread: Shannon Johnson: "Re: jail & security"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:40:52 +0400 (MSD) From: Alexey Zakirov <email@example.com>
On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Igor Melnichuk wrote:
> + Is it nowdays jail is enough security enviroment for multiuser hosting ?
in the some aspects.
> + Is it possible to limit resources allocated by each VM (jail)?
no chances. It's a very pain jail feature (weakness). :(
> + Can I use disk-quota inside VM ?
yes. But you have to do it from the outside of a jail, because quotactl(2)
doesn't work inside jail.
jail(2) is a very helpful for creating a security environment but it
doesn't give 100% warranty.
*** WBR, Alexey Zakirov (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message