chroot named

From: Koji (koji@ciberteca.com)
Date: 08/20/01

From: "Koji" <koji@ciberteca.com>
To: <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 23:18:42 +0200

Hi, i'm configuring named with chroot, but i have two questions.

Is necesary the files ld-elf.so.1, libc.so.4, libutil.so.3 and named-xfer ?
I have trying the named with and without this files and works correctly
(two forms works correctly ). what are the files indispensables really?

What are the best perms for /etc/namedb/chroot?
 chown -R bind:bind /etc/namedb/chroot
 chmod -R 750 /etc/namedb/chroot
(handbook's documentation, all files)

or

chown -R bind:bind /etc/namedb/chroot/etc/namedb/s
chmod -R 750 /etc/namedb/chroot/etc/namedb/s
(only domain configuration files)

thanks

  • Re: Only an ftp account
    ... You may also want to add that user to /etc/ftpchroot which will chroot ... them to their home directory. ... > How would I be able to give an account to someone where they can only ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • RE: Question about Dual boot Linux on one box (chroot)
    ... > I am not familiar with chroot. ... http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-tips.en.html (Debian in ... Good Luck, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: DNS Question
    ... chroot to communicate with a daemon outside the chroot, ... I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, ... Here's what I worry about. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: FreeBSD 4.3 local root PREVENTIONS
    ... compile it exploit ... then run chroot /path_to/test ./vv ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: chroot question. -> UML
    ... > been able to find out from the documentation I've found. ... > want to use it to set up a chrooted mandrake installation on my debian ... > The thing I want to know is when you're inside a chroot jail, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)