Re: cvs commit: src/etc inetd.conf

From: Steven Ames (steve@virtual-voodoo.com)
Date: 08/15/01

From: "Steven Ames" <steve@virtual-voodoo.com>
To: "Igor Roshchin" <str@giganda.komkon.org>, <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:33:22 -0500

> I am not completely sure if this is a good idea or not, but I'd through it
in.
> How about having two menu options here, after offering to edit inetd.conf:
> for `experts' (manual editing) and for `beginners' (menu-driven
> configuration).

'sysinstall' already has a 'Security' menu under post configuration.
Couldn't
we just install from a fixed set of 2-3 different inetd.conf files?

i.e. if the user selects 'moderate [default]' install
src/etc/inetd.conf.moderate
into /etc. If they select 'extreme' install the inetd.conf that has
everything
turned off.

This is a short-term hackish solution but I believe it would suffice until
we
get a GUI up where we can select 'yes'/'no' for every line in the inetd.conf
and have the ability to add in new lines. Good project for someone... the
'inetd editor'.

-Steve

  • Kickstart is killing my rpm library links
    ... Im getting some problems with kickstart. ... I make some symbolic links at the spec file %post configuration ... And when I install it with the command 'rpm -Uvh ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: BSD Questions.
    ... You are probably more used to doing things via a GUI. ... Whilst BSD does ... more suited to running a GUI and some install one as the default. ... I would suggest that you try some to the Linux distributions - you can ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Installation question
    ... I am strung between two worlds, gui ala Mac and command line Unix. ... using dpkg to actually install each package. ... eventually I want to do some GUI type programming. ... Debian is very powerful _and_ very flexible. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Ubuntu on old machine
    ... that would be fun to run as CNC on Emc. ... Will Ubuntu 8.04 install and run on such a machine? ... I do not know wether EMC is able to run from terminal, ... If the GUI is killed there is some more memory ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Linux server help
    ... Mandrake does quite well with no GUI. ... They also give the option to install other desktops. ... I opened a window and su-ed to root, typed "urpmi fvwm2" ... So run FVWM2 on Linux. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)