Re: cvs commit: src/etc inetd.conf

From: Steven Ames (
Date: 08/15/01

From: "Steven Ames" <>
To: "Igor Roshchin" <>, <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:33:22 -0500

> I am not completely sure if this is a good idea or not, but I'd through it
> How about having two menu options here, after offering to edit inetd.conf:
> for `experts' (manual editing) and for `beginners' (menu-driven
> configuration).

'sysinstall' already has a 'Security' menu under post configuration.
we just install from a fixed set of 2-3 different inetd.conf files?

i.e. if the user selects 'moderate [default]' install
into /etc. If they select 'extreme' install the inetd.conf that has
turned off.

This is a short-term hackish solution but I believe it would suffice until
get a GUI up where we can select 'yes'/'no' for every line in the inetd.conf
and have the ability to add in new lines. Good project for someone... the
'inetd editor'.

To Unsubscribe: send mail to