Re: Howto manage the cvs users

From: Matt Piechota (piechota@argolis.org)
Date: 08/03/01

Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 10:41:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Matt Piechota <piechota@argolis.org>
To: ouyang kai <oykai@msn.com>

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, ouyang kai wrote:

> Hi,
> Everybody, I setup a CVS Server for the programmers.
> Now, I have a question about howto manage the programmers'
> privilege. Such as John and Mike could read each other's source code.
> But, John couldn't modify Mike's code, the same as Mike.How can I do?
> Thanks!

CVS obeys the standard UNIX permissions, so as longs as John and Mike are
in the same group (or if the source directory is world readable), they can
read each other's code. Unless you make the stuff group (or world
writable, neither can modify the other's directory.

--
Matt Piechota
Finger piechota@emailempire.com for PGP key

  • Re: crazy thoughts - keeping product installation information
    ... John, John, John. ... Don't you know that modern programmers get paid ... Open systems means open season. ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: SharedCLibrary version
    ... > Steve, ok perhaps that's what John meant, if that's the case fine. ... > That's a side effect of *most* programmers having bought Iyonix. ... StevePotts at blastzone DOT demon STOP co DOT uk ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.programmer)
  • Re: SharedCLibrary version
    ... Steve, ok perhaps that's what John meant, if that's the case fine. ... That's a side effect of *most* programmers having bought Iyonix. ... The first many programmers have heard of the SCL problem has stemmed ... Castle or implement their own ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.programmer)
  • Re: My rant about the "throw out delphi and re-write it in C#" crowd.
    ... Very well put, John. ... nationwide job search for C++ programmers." ... most software that gets written is abysmally poor. ... truth may be that it sucks because of poor management and incompetent ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)