Re: Howto manage the cvs users

From: Matt Piechota (piechota@argolis.org)
Date: 08/03/01

Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 10:41:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Matt Piechota <piechota@argolis.org>
To: ouyang kai <oykai@msn.com>

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, ouyang kai wrote:

> Hi,
> Everybody, I setup a CVS Server for the programmers.
> Now, I have a question about howto manage the programmers'
> privilege. Such as John and Mike could read each other's source code.
> But, John couldn't modify Mike's code, the same as Mike.How can I do?
> Thanks!

CVS obeys the standard UNIX permissions, so as longs as John and Mike are
in the same group (or if the source directory is world readable), they can
read each other's code. Unless you make the stuff group (or world
writable, neither can modify the other's directory.

--
Matt Piechota
Finger piechota@emailempire.com for PGP key