Re: RELEASE 4.3 -> RELENG_4_3: SUCCESSFULLY but ...

From: Josef Karthauser (joe@tao.org.uk)
Date: 08/02/01

Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 23:55:15 +0100
From: Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 10:01:41PM +0100, Nuno Teixeira wrote:

> My question is: what is the real danger of doing `installworld` in
> multiuser mode? I have doing a lot of tests in other machines tracking
> STABLE and I have no problems so far.

I've _always_ done installworld in multiuser on many servers. That
doesn't mean that it's the safest way, but it was safe enough for me.

Joe

  • Re: RELEASE 4.3 -> RELENG_4_3: SUCCESSFULLY but ...
    ... >> multiuser mode? ... > I've _always_ done installworld in multiuser on many servers. ... the portmaster and get on the serial port. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: RELEASE 4.3 -> RELENG_4_3: SUCCESSFULLY but ...
    ... >> multiuser mode? ... > I've _always_ done installworld in multiuser on many servers. ... I usually stop all non-system-essential running processes (mail servers, ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • strange installworld issue
    ... im trying to installworld on a machine that is having its first update. ... for prog in [awk cap_mkdb cat chflags chmod chown date echo egrep find grep ... *** Error code 1 ... will note, that i am doing it in full multiuser mode, and not in single user (as ...
    (freebsd-questions)