Re: Updating security fixes without single user mode?

From: Paul Hart (hart@orem.verio.net)
Date: 07/27/01

Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:02:56 -0600 (MDT)
From: Paul Hart <hart@orem.verio.net>

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Nuno Teixeira wrote:

> The problem is that my server is at US and I live in Portugal! So,
> it's impossible to run the system in single user mode.

Isn't that the most compelling reason to use the serial console support in
FreeBSD?

Paul Hart

--
Paul Robert Hart
hart@orem.verio.net

  • Re: Need an advice...
    ... It has SSL support and many other features. ... And which FTP server I must use? ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Anti virus software for FreeBSD ...
    ... 2002-09-04 um 07.38 schrieb John Holstein: ... >>server, but the only one I can seem to find is vscan, and for that, i ... Molecular Cell Biology / AG Holstein, Darmstadt University of Technology, Schnittspahnstr. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: IPFW, natd and an internal FTP server.
    ... > machine guard is the firewall / natd server on a dedicated internet line. ... > The firewall works fine for active FTP. ... > If I configure my FTP server to use passive ports in a limited range and ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Need an advice...
    ... Using Cyrus, you don't have to enter each user ... Which server is better Cyrus-imap, ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Anti virus software for FreeBSD ...
    ... I'm looking for one to run with amavisd on a mail ... >server, but the only one I can seem to find is vscan, and for that, i ... dunno if some of the others are still available. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)