inetd.conf -- IPv6 telnet

From: Andrew R. Reiter (arr@watson.org)
Date: 07/27/01

Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:06:12 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@watson.org>
To: kris@obsecurity.org

kris,

just wondering about this thing i just noticed in 4-stable that telnet
comes default running under IPv6 in inetd.conf. not sure how likely
someone would exploit over IPv6, but i was wondering about consistancy in
relation to what's being done already for IPv4?

Andrew

*-------------.................................................
| Andrew R. Reiter
| arr@fledge.watson.org
| "It requires a very unusual mind
| to undertake the analysis of the obvious" -- A.N. Whitehead

  • Re: TCPIP programming (sockaddr_in question)
    ... me too (Specifically Telnet); ... INET6 socket so that all the progeny get IPv6 capabilities. ... Most TCP/IP stacks that support both IPv6 and IPv4 allow a service to listen ... The request for a sockaddr returns an IPv6 ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: telnet localhost slow, telnet 127.0.0.1 ok
    ... then the problem is IPv6 support. ... and that'll allow you to do "telnet localhost" without delay. ... if the nameserver you're using always chokes on IPv6 queries (not ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Whats the matter with docs.python.org?
    ... Christian Mertes wrote: ... $ telnet docs.python.org 80 ... Escape character is '^]'. ... IPv6 has sometimes been problematical -- try disabling it. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: inetd.conf -- IPv6 telnet
    ... > just wondering about this thing i just noticed in 4-stable that telnet ... > comes default running under IPv6 in inetd.conf. ... > someone would exploit over IPv6, but i was wondering about consistancy in ... > relation to what's being done already for IPv4? ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: IPFILTER IPv6 support non-functional? (was Re: IPF and IPv6)
    ... I don't have an IPv6 setup myself so I cannot test ... The missing code from that patch would indeed explain that. ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)