RE: telnetd root exploit

From: Mike Tancsa (mike@sentex.net)
Date: 07/24/01

Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:48:07 -0400
To: "Chuck Rock" <carock@epconline.net>, <security@FreeBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>

At 12:42 PM 7/24/01 -0500, Chuck Rock wrote:
>OK, is there a how to page for installing these patches? They aren't self
>evident, and the search on FreeBSD.org keeps bringing up results from the
>commiters handbook...

There are instructions in the advisory. What part are you stuck on ? i.e.
post the steps you took, and where you ran into trouble.

         ---Mike

  • Re: Inviting malware
    ... Downloading a good AV and installing OFF LINE is always my first step. ... long enough to make sure patches are up to date. ... they have drilled holes in the door and used self ... but 15 seconds with a screwdriver and the hasp is undone. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: SP2 BUG
    ... When Windows XP SP2 is installed, all patches installed prior to that are no ... longer listed in Control Panel Add/Remove Programs. ... applied prior to installing Service Pack 2 will re-appear in CP Add/Remove ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • RE: new IIS worm? (rcp lsass.exe)
    ... Some good examples of this are some SQL patches. ... not actually installing the files? ... require a work around and not a patch. ... by the patch are at the proper versions. ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: AW: SUS Help
    ... before installing the patches once it comes back on. ... >Captus Networks ... >FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Solaris 8 - Kernel Patches Not Updating 64-bit Files
    ... tried installing the latest recommended patches as 'uname -a' ... Original package not installed. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)