chroot question

From: Ryan (ryanpek@swbell.net)
Date: 07/02/01

Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 01:16:42 -0500
From: Ryan <ryanpek@swbell.net>
To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

I need uptime for a chroot..
i keep getting this msg in my error logs

uptime: bad namelist

it wont run inside my jail any suggestions? maybe a file files im missing besides the ones listed when 'ldd uptime'

ryanpek@swbell.net

  • jail uptime information
    ... i'm creating a group jailed servers, and using nagios to monitor them. ... i've seen that from a jailed server, the information shown by uptime ... is not related to the jail. ... topi ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: chroot question
    ... > I need uptime for a chroot.. ... Is your userland in sync with your kernel? ... Did you upgrade all ... Read "man 8 jail mergemaster" again on how to populate and update ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)