Re: IPFW almost works now -> stateful rules

From: Crist Clark (crist.clark@globalstar.com)
Date: 06/14/01

Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:51:44 -0700
From: "Crist Clark" <crist.clark@globalstar.com>
To: Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>

Peter Pentchev wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 11:59:28AM -0400, Igor Roshchin wrote:
> >

> > If those rules are all rules you have,
> > and I didn't miss any line,
> > no ftp would be allowed to go through, since
> > there is no rule for the port 21.
> > Aren't you mixing something ? ftp is at port 21.
> > Port 22 is ssh.
> > (Check /etc/services)
> >
> > However, I am puzzled, how do you manage to establish the initial connect
> > at all.
>
> This has been discussed before: his FTP server is listening on a high port.

But his tcpdump(8) output indicates the 'ftp' port is being used...
I hope he didn't edit /etc/services (yee-uck).

--
Crist J. Clark                                Network Security Engineer
crist.clark@globalstar.com                    Globalstar, L.P.

  • IPP (631/tcp) Scans
    ... Subject: IPP Scans ... what's up with all of the attention on port 631/tcp from the k1dd33z? ... The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential, ... the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: HTTP and FTP
    ... With most current HTTP servers, something like a htpasswd file is already ... However, if we are comparing to FTP, many FTP daemons, the ... The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential, ... the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Oracle XDB FTP
    ... Regarding Oracle XDB FTP & HTTP Service Buffer Overflows, ... I do not see any service on port 2100. ... This e-mail message, including any attachments, ... intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: FTP Log
    ... Subject: FTP Log ... Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipientand may contain confidential and privileged information. ... If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. ...
    (freebsd-questions)