Re: IPFW almost works now.

From: Dale Frohman (dale@spiderhost.com)
Date: 06/13/01

Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:00:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: Dale Frohman <dale@spiderhost.com>
To: Marcel Dijk <nascar24@home.nl>

what ftp client are you using and what OS are you using this client on?

> > To the original poster, also keep in mind that firewalls at the other
> > end of your connection could be making trouble for you too. You can use
> > tcpdump(8) and firewall logging to see if traffic is getting to your
> > FTP server at all.
> > --
> > Crist J. Clark Network Security Engineer
> > crist.clark@globalstar.com Globalstar, L.P.
> > (408) 933-4387 FAX: (408) 933-4926
>
> Traffic IS getting to the FTP server, because I can login. The thing is when
> I have logged in and the client sends the LIST command it can't read the
> directory and closes the connection. As discribed here:
>
> _______________________________________
> Can't build data connection: interrupted system call.
> ABOR command succesfull.
> Connection Lost

  • Re: IPSwitch, Inc. WS_FTP Server
    ... > bounce attack as well as PASV connection hijacking. ... > The FTP bounce vulnerability allows a remote attacker to cause the ... > anonymously along with any internal addresses that the FTP server has ... That means it's got to handle a PORT ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Telnet/ftp problems SBS2000
    ... | through the server to get internet access everything works. ... | client uses an internet backup company to backup his really vital data, ... I understand that you cannot use ftp service to ... the connection can be established ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Telnet/ftp problems SBS2000
    ... Please make sure your client computers are configured as both Firewall ... will find two options "Enable folder view for FTP sites" and "Use Passive ... that the control connection has been successfully established, ... (other than port 21) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Microsoft FTP Server problem on W2K?
    ... It is a UNISYS ClearPath mainframe system that is trying to FTP using ... passive mode to a MS FTP server. ... Currently the mainframe FTPs in ACTIVE mode. ... Since the mainframe pushes files to our customers over a WAN connection, ...
  • Re: Microsoft FTP Server problem on W2K?
    ... client (rather than another server, as in proxy transfer), the IP address ... port) currently in use on the control connection. ... >the remote FTP server was, at least at a TCP level, prepared to accept the ...