Re: root & toor

From: Garrett Wollman (wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu)
Date: 06/08/01

Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 10:46:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To: Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>

<<On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 09:03:57 +0300, Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg> said:

> But yes, this is apparently a documented bug - rmail is not part of the boot
> process, there is no real need for it in 'emergency' situations when /usr
> is not mounted yet, so no, it should not really reside in /bin.

Unfortunately, as with /etc/rmt, it is part of a protocol the
client implementations of which we do not control.

-GAWollman

  • Re: Katrinas Cause Determined
    ... What he did was mobilize the federal government DAYS BEFORE the emergency. ... But as the president, he is in charge and FEMA is under his command. ... ability to control the Executive Branch from Air Force One, Marine One, Crawford Ranch, Camp David, the Presidential limo, or any outhouse in rural America that he happens to be using. ...
    (soc.culture.filipino)
  • Re: Declared first emergency last week
    ... We thought about a PAN PAN, but we *did not have throttle control*. ... I didn't hesitate very long to call it an emergency. ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: Top traffic cop wants to hide speed cameras in Catseyes - Sunday Times - Times Online &#
    ... > The only way to stop the majority of accidents in motor vehicles in my mind ... > is to take all control out of the hands of the humans inside them. ... or what their car is likely to do in that emergency. ... the stupid things another driver can do and know what they are going to ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: Florida frogs and Seans trip to the ER
    ... Honestly, if it's an emergency, 911 is quicker. ... would only call poison control if it's *not* obviously an emergency. ... By and large they are much more humane than the glue traps. ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Re: I-10 Bridge Damage Pics
    ... That is FUNDAMENTAL to having a functioning command and control ... I've watched this happen - every year - as ham radio operators engage ... operate portable stations under emergency conditions such as the loss ...
    (misc.transport.road)