Re: nfs mounts / su / yp

From: Olivier Nicole (on@cs.ait.ac.th)
Date: 05/15/01

Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 08:44:17 +0700 (ICT)
From: Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
To: fhouston@east.isi.edu

>root access. We have some people around here who need/want total access
>to their machine. However there is still the concern of the NFS
>mounts. What do you do in these circumstances?

As a system/security manager, you tell them that they cannot integrate
with others, so they have their root password and are isolated.

Those who make such request are always the ones knowing less about
system administration, but who think they know it all, so if they know
it all they are able to live their own life.

Olivier