Re: Problems with Amavis setup

From: Gerhard Sittig (Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net)
Date: 05/08/01

Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 18:16:51 +0200
From: Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 02:40 -0700, John Braun wrote:

> I can't download "file" command for "Amavis" from
>
> ftp://ftp.astron.com/pub/file/,
> ftp://ftp.gw.com/pub/unix/file/ and
> ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/tools/file/.
>
> Where can I get this command ?

It comes with your system. It's already on your disk.

$ uname -sr
FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE
$ which file
/usr/bin/file
$ man file
... "/brief"
OPTIONS
     -b Do not prepend filenames to output lines (brief mode).
HISTORY
     There has been a file command in every UNIX since at least Research Ver-
     sion 6 (man page dated January, 1975). [ ... ]

BTW: You do use the security/amavis port, don't you?

virtually yours 82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4 61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net

  • Re: Installing a second hard disk
    ... I am trying to install a secondary hard disk in a Intel-based PC ... to try to format it and create a slice, FreeBSD says that the ... See the manpages for each command for more details. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • FreeBSD as VMWare guest / disk resizing
    ... I'm looking for a way to get FreeBSD 8 / 9 to detect that an already ... Here is the output of camcontrol showing how the disks ... In the VM settings I can increase the disk size but I can't seem to ... the following command will detect the larger ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Is there the equivalent of a Windows "fast format"
    ... FreeBSD 8.0 not detecting hot swap drive ... Hardware migration and upgrade from 6.3 to ... recovering data from this disk (Henrik ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: some issues about partitions and boot manager in dual boot cases with Windows
    ... freeBSD edition. ... The first is installing on a disk that is completely given to FreeBSD ... master, Windows 2000 or XP, and on the other, on the first partition, the ... It requires its own slice. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Hardware Raid + hot-replace failed disk
    ... hardware RAID controller in a RAID5 of RAID6 configuration, ... To FreeBSD it will look like e.g. a single large drive. ... FreeBSD controller driver should report the disk falling off the bus (if ...
    (freebsd-questions)