Re: Jails and FreeBSD4.3

From: Dave Whitaker (freebsd-security@pozer.org)
Date: 05/07/01

Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 13:29:04 -0700
From: Dave Whitaker <freebsd-security@pozer.org>
To: Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>

Atilla,
  Yeah, it would be nice if you could bind the jail to a list of IPs or whatever. It seems like it would be the kind of functionality that would be desired by more people than just be. Right now, it's the only thing preventing me from moving anything over to a jail. Almost every service I run needs more than one IP.My $0.02.

Dave

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 09:36:16PM +0200, Attila Nagy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > It uses mod_vhost_alias to pull the file based on the request made.
> > If I forward all of the requests to the one IP, it will act as if it
> > was requested from that IP, correct? 'sides, shouldn't jail have the
> > ability to run on more than one IP if told to? Any more ideas?
> Silly me. Never write when you are sleepy :)
>
> You are right. Personally I don't know about the multiple IP per jail
> feature.
>
> Sorry.

  • Scientists in stolen e-mail scandal hid climate data
    ... Scientists in stolen e-mail scandal hid climate data ... The University of East Anglia breached the Freedom of Information Act by ... refusing to comply with requests for data concerning claims by its scientists ... The stolen e-mails, revealed on the eve of the Copenhagen summit, showed how ...
    (talk.politics.guns)
  • Scientists in stolen e-mail scandal hid climate data
    ... The university at the centre of the climate change row over stolen e- ... The University of East Anglia breached the Freedom of Information Act ... by refusing to comply with requests for data concerning claims by its ... It is not known who stole the e-mails. ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)
  • 519,260 suspected terrorists in the UK. Ohhhh Iam firghtened...
    ... More than 500,000 official "spying" requests for private communications ... Act', a report as said. ... detailed information under the 'Terrorism Act' last year. ...
    (uk.local.london)
  • Re: Performance test and Cache
    ... You need to write some code in your page load that does something like write ... ACT, then requests aren't hitting the page ... > I can see all the action in SQL profiler while I am recording the test. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.performance)
  • AMBASSADOR ROBERTS PREPARES CASE IN US SUPREME COURT
    ... I DEMAND my passport records! ... You have ignored three prior requests! ... Freedom of Information Act. ... ACTS immunity in other nations for which I am wanted. ...
    (rec.games.chess.politics)