Re: Jails and FreeBSD4.3

From: Attila Nagy (
Date: 05/07/01

Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 21:18:49 +0200 (CEST)
From: Attila Nagy <>
To: Dave Whitaker <>

> I recently installed FreeBSD 4.3, specifically wanting to mess with
> jails. Everything appears to work fine, except I use apache with
> mod_vhost_alias, and proftpd hosting several anonymous ftp sites. I
> need to get the jail to bind to many IPs, rather than just one. Is
> there any way to do this, or would anyone be willing to provide me
> with a patch to do so?
You can solve at least apache with IPF (ipnat) and IPFW.

Just forward the needed ports (in case of apache) to the daemon running in
the jail. For running an FTP server you have to set up the forward stuff
more carefully (maybe with NAT) because of the behaviour of the FTP

Attila Nagy e-mail:
Budapest Polytechnic (BMF.HU) @work: +361 210 1415 (194)
H-1084 Budapest, Tavaszmezo u. 15-17. cell.: +3630 306 6758

To Unsubscribe: send mail to

  • Re: Http Accept filters (accf_http)
    ... |> I think adding them to the apache is OK, ... |> gracefully if they are not present in the kernel. ... | filters turned on in a jail environment... ... A jailed apache can't load the module, so to enable the feature you ...
  • apache in "strange" jail getting permissions errors
    ... I create a master jail that I do not "boot". ... What I want to do is use my Solaris 10 server with 1.7TB ZFS file system exported through NFS as the root for each jail, with the same nullfs mounts as used above in the mdversion. ... So what I did is set up a local directory on the FBSD system with the normal / directories as I do above in the mdway of doing things and left a local directory for the apache stuff. ... The exact same apache config file when using the mdbacked space with all the same files and permissions, ...
  • Problem with mail() function and exec
    ... I hava an apache 1.3.28 + php 4.3.3 installation into ... Into the jail I have installed postfix (with ... If I run apache from outside the jail, the scripts runs perfectly and send the ...
  • Re: jails or chroot?
    ... putting each of my clients into their own jail or chroot. ... apache and their "mass virtual hosting", ... File access can be solved with suexec (compile apache with suexec ...
  • mod_python core dumped
    ... I've installed mod_python from the ports on a recently installed FreeBSD 7 box and, despite all the build process goes well, when I try to start apache I get a core dump. ... If I disable the "Loadmodule" directive for mod_python in httpd.conf, ...