Re: reverse or not

From: Andrew Barros (abarros@tjhsst.edu)
Date: 05/03/01

Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:00:27 -0400
From: Andrew Barros <abarros@tjhsst.edu>
To: mudman <mudman@R181204.resnet.ucsb.edu>

I've had similar problems with sshd when my internet connection goes out.

If you try to ssh into that machine, it takes _forever_ even if the local
nameserver is running.

        -ajb
On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 02:00:52PM -0700, mudman wrote:
->> Another thing: if I plug out all the network cables and reboot so that the box isn't connected to anything then "telnet 127.0.0.1 25" works perfectly.
->
->Some of the others will probably have much more useful insights.
->However, you seem to say:
->1) I have slow response time
->2) when I unplug from internet, response time increases.
->
->Someone hitting you with some kind of DoS or packet spam?
->I cannot say if it has anything to do with the resolver or not, but maybe
->some of the others can.
->
->
->
->To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
->with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message
---end quoted text---

--
Andrew Barros <abarros@tjhsst.edu>
PGP Key Fingerprint: