Re: useradd/adduser

From: Peter Pentchev (roam@orbitel.bg)
Date: 05/02/01

Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 17:11:26 +0300
From: Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To: Lee Smallbone <lee@kechara.net>

On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 03:12:01PM +0100, Lee Smallbone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To my surprise, useradd isn't shipped with 4.3-STABLE (at least, not that I can see.)
> Is there any way to use adduser in a non-interative state (run from scripts)?
>
> i.e. $ adduser -d /home2/testuser -u testuser -p password
> (pardon any syntax errors, that is for example only.)
>
> Failing that, where can I get adduser?

'adduser' is the interactive utility; the non-interactive one is pw(8).

G'luck,
Peter

--
If you think this sentence is confusing, then change one pig.

  • useradd/adduser
    ... To my surprise, useradd isn't shipped with 4.3-STABLE ... Is there any way to use adduser in a non-interative state? ... where can I get adduser? ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: useradd/adduser
    ... please direct such questions to freebsd-questions ... Followups set.] ... > Is there any way to use adduser in a non-interative state? ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: colord Warning during upgrade to wheezy
    ... AFAIK adduser is Debian specific and useradd came from other distros. ... adduser command is the preferred of the two. ... it is a bug if it isn't used. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: passwd and adduser fail on FC3
    ... useradd" is the same as for "man adduser" ... Is the root file system mounted in read-write mode? ... On earlier RedHat versions during startup the root file system is mounted ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: vim -- adduser vs useradd/usermod
    ... usermod makes changes to user. ... useradd is not interactive, so makes an automated script for adding many ... On Debian the 'adduser' tool should be used. ... each adminstrator to test this command due to this documentation bug. ...
    (Debian-User)