local exploit

From: Q Yai QQ (riki@maiser.unila.ac.id)
Date: 04/09/01

Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:34:22 +0700 (JAVT)
From: Q Yai QQ <riki@maiser.unila.ac.id>
To: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org

hai guys.,.

i wanna ask about Security of FreeBSD 3.4 and 4.x

on FreeBSD-3.4 there are local exploit that hack chpass

i am ever hacked by my user with local-exploit tha can setiud root.,.

then i try to chmod o-x chpass

IT WORK !!!
others cannot exploit on my machines again

but i never find local exploit for FreeBSD-4.1 version

are there big different that 4.1 more secure for exploit ??
thank's

riki@unila.ac.id
visit my homepage and sign my guestbook
http://unilanet.unila.ac.id/~qq

  • RE: PAWS security vulnerability
    ... FreeBSD security list" isn't grammatically correct. ... "I told you to post the patch and info to the appropriate FreeBSD security ... "...This point and others are often discussed on the mailing lists, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Idea to make package vulnerabilities not matter, along with third party software
    ... but they seem arrogant about security, ... FreeBSD contains such mechanisms, but as memory access ... The server doesn't run a GUI. ... installation won't continue. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Changes to FreeBSD security support policy
    ... for tracking security fixes to FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE: ... This eliminates support for the class of vulnerabilities exploitable ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • RE: FreeBSD Security Survey
    ... Your also ignoring the fact that many security holes are a lot ... queries to this server to the NAS only. ... server with a new version of FreeBSD. ... Your survey responses lack any responses that indicate that leaving ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Errata Notice FreeBSD-EN-14:08.heimdal
    ... For general information regarding FreeBSD Errata Notices and Security ... Kerberos 5 permits the use of different encryption types for encryption ... produce a pseudo-random bitstring of a fixed length. ...
    (freebsd-announce)