Re: ntpd patch

From: Chris Faulhaber (jedgar@fxp.org)
Date: 04/06/01

Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:06:55 -0400
From: Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
To: Q Yai QQ <riki@maiser.unila.ac.id>

http://www.FreeBSD.org/FAQ/admin.html#FORGOT-ROOT-PW

--
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org

  • Re: Problems booting operating system and with root password
    ... > If you are in wheel, then you should be able to "sudo su" to switch to ... > the root account and then "passwd root" to reset the password. ... This incident will be reported. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: Creating users from the web
    ... You could also try writing a perl or other cgi wrapper that would allow ... > run programs "as root" or execute setuid programs. ... > I really need that the system work by the web... ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: How to add user root on new installed system (LFS)
    ... > we just installed a linux system by booting from CD and using rpm to install ... Now we have to give 'root' a password. ... Where did the RPM packages come from on a LinuxFromScratch ... Why are you using the "passwd root" command? ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • NIS+ Change root master password woes
    ... I'm trying to change the root password on a NIS+ root master and decided ... chkey -p failed so I decided to try a keylogin again, ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Third /tmp location ?
    ... weird, huh? ... that i can do pkg_add only as root... ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)