Re: ntpd patch

From: Chris Faulhaber (
Date: 04/06/01

Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:06:55 -0400
From: Chris Faulhaber <>
To: Q Yai QQ <>

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 07:46:26PM +0700, Q Yai QQ wrote:
> hi guys,..
> usually,.i use user toor as my back up root,..
> but,.. i forgot,..
> how the trouble shooter if i forgot root's passwd
> i try to boot -s my computer,...
> then,.. when i type #passwd root
> or #vipw
> or #vi master.passwd
> the commands are not found....
> can u help me guys,..
> to explain step by steps,..??

Chris D. Faulhaber - -
FreeBSD: The Power To Serve   -

To Unsubscribe: send mail to

  • Re: Problems booting operating system and with root password
    ... > If you are in wheel, then you should be able to "sudo su" to switch to ... > the root account and then "passwd root" to reset the password. ... This incident will be reported. ...
  • RE: Creating users from the web
    ... You could also try writing a perl or other cgi wrapper that would allow ... > run programs "as root" or execute setuid programs. ... > I really need that the system work by the web... ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
  • Re: How to add user root on new installed system (LFS)
    ... > we just installed a linux system by booting from CD and using rpm to install ... Now we have to give 'root' a password. ... Where did the RPM packages come from on a LinuxFromScratch ... Why are you using the "passwd root" command? ...
  • Re: Third /tmp location ?
    ... weird, huh? ... that i can do pkg_add only as root... ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
  • NIS+ Change root master password woes
    ... I'm trying to change the root password on a NIS+ root master and decided ... chkey -p failed so I decided to try a keylogin again, ...