Re: DoS attack - advice needed

From: Chris Byrnes (chris@jeah.net)
Date: 03/22/01

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:57:50 -0600 (CST)
From: Chris Byrnes <chris@jeah.net>
To: Ilya Martynov <m_ilya@agava.com>

> >> type 3 is required for TCP/UDP traffic
>
> CB> Hrm.
>
> I'm sorry. But what means 'Hrm'? It seems I don't know English good
> enough :(

I think we can move this thread to personal e-mail, because some people
are getting offended that I don't want ICMP traffic.

"Hrm" means that I was just pondering what you had stated. I didn't know
exactly how ICMP was required for UDP and TCP traffic. We actually have
UDP except for port 53 filtered, as well, because of attacks.

Thanks for your help everyone.

-Chris

  • Re: Jorden at MIT
    ... > Hrm. ... English does not work as well in vertical mode... ... You know that's so lovely and square in the /message ... font beoing used at the other end. ...
    (sci.lang.japan)
  • Re: DoS attack - advice needed
    ... Chris Byrnes wrote: ... But what means 'Hrm'? ... It seems I don't know English good ... One of the typical problems ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: DoS attack - advice needed
    ... > traceroute uses 11 ... Hrm. ... + JEAH Communications ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)