Re: weird login attempt

From: Kris Kennaway (kris@obsecurity.org)
Date: 02/23/01

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:19:26 -0800
From: Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To: "Peter C. Lai" <sirmoo@cowbert.2y.net>

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 02:10:22PM -0500, Peter C. Lai wrote:
> if someone tried to telnet in, and at the password prompt, they just pressed
> some keys and of course in telnet, before the session termcap is

Except that the login was on the system console. Someone pressed some
arrow/function keys on the system keyboard and pressed enter.

> > > ^[[S^[[J^[[J^[[J^[[~^[
> > > ^[[S^[[J^[[J^[[J^[[~^[

Kris

  • Re: weird login attempt
    ... if someone tried to telnet in, and at the password prompt, they just pressed ... some keys and of course in telnet, before the session termcap is ... all "funky" keys such as the arrows and the function keys will ... happens to be a telnet session, login will report this. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • telnet replacement - not ssh?
    ... the natural choice would be to switch to ssh. ... I need a telnet replacement that prevents hackers from snooping ... passwords but allowd me to give back-door acces to our security group, ... I think ssh can do what they want, if I use public/private keys and give ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • telnet replacement - not ssh?
    ... the natural choice would be to switch to ssh. ... I need a telnet replacement that prevents hackers from snooping ... passwords but allowd me to give back-door acces to our security group, ... I think ssh can do what they want, if I use public/private keys and give ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • telnet replacement - not ssh?
    ... the natural choice would be to switch to ssh. ... I need a telnet replacement that prevents hackers from snooping ... passwords but allowd me to give back-door acces to our security group, ... I think ssh can do what they want, if I use public/private keys and give ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Merry Christmas from the FreeBSD Security Team
    ... access so the employer can monitor all traffic. ... It is possible to run ssh on port 23. ... "more secure telnet" service. ... own host keys (e.g. don't already have the host public key or don't ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)