Re: weird login attempt

From: slamdunk (slamdunk@neophile.net)
Date: 02/23/01

Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 18:55:13 +0000
To: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
From: slamdunk <slamdunk@neophile.net>

Nope it wont be either of these - The box is in a locked cabinet in our
datacenter.

Ah well, seems this will remain a mystery

Jerry

At 13:48 23/02/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 08:46:59AM -0300, Fernando Schapachnik wrote:
> > En un mensaje anterior, slamdunk escribio:
> > > Can anyone identify what this might be?
> >
> > Somebody laying its hand over the keyboard :)
> >

> > > Feb 23 10:41:33 www login: 1 LOGIN FAILURE ON ttyv0
> > > Feb 23 10:41:33 www login: 1 LOGIN FAILURE ON ttyv0
> > > Feb 23 10:41:33 www login: 1 LOGIN FAILURE ON ttyv0,
> ^[[S^[[J^[[J^[[J^[[~^[
> > > Feb 23 10:41:33 www login: 1 LOGIN FAILURE ON ttyv0,
> ^[[S^[[J^[[J^[[J^[[~^[
>
>Those are probably F-keys or similar.. ^[[S is F7, ^[[J is probably something
>around the numeric keypad.
>
>G'luck,
>Peter
>
>--
>If you think this sentence is confusing, then change one pig.

  • Re: Is the RANBETWEEN function certified randomness?
    ... "Jerry W. Lewis" wrote: ... they actually use remains a mystery, since as I previously noted, McCullough ...
  • Re: Allard Tobin
    ... In message, Jerry ... Still there are a lot of other interested parties I know. ... There are lots of other graves of interest but, as I said, Allard is a bit of a mystery. ... Looks like Peter may have found something relevant, ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Cannot get mysql_connect to work
    ... Thank you all vey much for answering these questions so clearly. ... Jerry, regarding the different user name in the mysql_connect call, I ... Still a bit of a mystery to me. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Free electronics simulation software
    ... mystery,. ... Because they sell it for $249 Jerry. ...
    (sci.electronics.cad)