Re: Tripwire 2.3 Linux

From: Paul Herman (pherman@frenchfries.net)
Date: 02/18/01

Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:47:09 +0100 (CET)
From: Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To: Ragnar Beer <rbeer@uni-goettingen.de>

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Ragnar Beer wrote:

> Is it possible to compile and run the open source version of
> Tripwire 2.3 Linux on FreeBSD?

To get it to compile natively under FreeBSD, there is a (lengthy)
patch. Check the freebsd-security archives:

  http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=192188+194286+/usr/local/www/db/text/2001/freebsd-security/20010128.freebsd-security

Update:
Over the last few weeks, I've been correspoding with Ron Forrester
who's maintaining the tripwire source now, and the patches for FreeBSD
are being integrated into tripwire's CVS tree as we speak.

-Paul.

  • Re: FreeBSD is really great.. BUT..
    ... I stopped using FreeBSD when it was about 5.x or something because I found ... I spend more time compiling than I did managing our server room. ... using ONLY binary packages, which are great! ... than sufficient resources to run a "compile orgy" without ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: flowtable usable or not
    ... How long did they raped Linux to get it that way looking? ... well, right or wrong, that is then issue for whom likes to compile, we ... the user domain of FreeBSD is shrinking. ... almost composed of developers or insiders or programmers or lovers, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: FreeBSD is really great.. BUT..
    ... Xen, UML, and other stuff, and naturally I had to test FreeBSD Jails. ... using ONLY binary packages, which are great! ... of other packages doesn't work using the binary packages because they are ... The package system gives you the option to install and use basic versions of the software, if you want other options then you need to compile the ports. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Tripwire 2.3 Linux
    ... Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote: ... >> To get it to compile natively under FreeBSD, ... >> who's maintaining the tripwire source now, and the patches for FreeBSD ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: FreeBSD 9.0-BETA1/amd64 r224808: buildworld failure: ===> lib/clang/include (all), 1 error,
    ... buildworld won't build anymore, it fails ... ran the fsck and tried to compile again. ... Maybe it is worth to know, that I also have on all of these boxes the ... This is the same on every box compiled FreeBSD 9.0-BETA1/amd64. ...
    (freebsd-current)