How builds OpenSSH 2.3?

From: dannyman (dannyman@toldme.com)
Date: 02/09/01

Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 14:29:40 -0800
From: dannyman <dannyman@toldme.com>
To: freebsd-security@freebsd.org

Has anyone patched 4.x OpenSSH and/or the relevant ports to deal with the CRC
checksum exploit? I've got to get 2.3 working on my 3.x box, but just
incrementing the number in the Makefile causes patch-aa to go rejected ...

-d

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/

  • Re: How builds OpenSSH 2.3?
    ... > Has anyone patched 4.x OpenSSH and/or the relevant ports to deal with the CRC ... > checksum exploit? ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Wrong DIF guard tag on ext2 write
    ... corruption on the wire or in the raid controller ... Nick> checksum was calculated. ... This is why the DIF/DIX spec has the idea of a crc generated in userland ... Closing the while it is dirty, while it is being written back window ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: CRC versus CheckSum
    ... I have a situation where I have a byte in which to place either a checksum ... Our packets cannot have bytes in a packet swapped in order (the transport ... jsut as good as the CRC. ... Neither detect all errors (there are after all the same number of states for the sum in either case). ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Opinions on 16-bit checksums.
    ... it's no longer a checksum, ... >> cancel themselves out, but a CRC would. ... I've witnessed no failures or oddities. ... I don't think it can be assumed that ROMs ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Opinions on 16-bit checksums.
    ... >> possibly result in an unchanged CRC checksum. ... > There are two big reasons CRCs are used in serial communications: ... algorithms that consider the order of the data as well as the value - a ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)