Re: bind8.2.3 - where is the correct place to download src?

From: Wes Peters (wes@softweyr.com)
Date: 02/02/01

Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 22:37:59 -0700
From: Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To: "Yuri A. Wolf" <subs@ovk.altai.ru>

"Yuri A. Wolf" wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 09:45:37AM +0600, Yuri A. Wolf wrote:
> >
> > > i meant the place at ftp.freebsd.org where the port is. yesterday i
> > > downloaded the new port (with patches of course), but there was an error
> > > during patching (patch-ac). the sources were from ftp.isc.org, and i
> > > putted them into distfiles, so there wasn't mistake as i think...
> >
> > www.freebsd.org/ports - fairly obvious location, eh? :)
>
> yeah I know that, I was there hundreds times...
>
> actually I just checked there is bind-8.2.2.p7 in title at
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/net.html and links to 8.2.3 on ftp.isc.org
>
> that's why i asked
> well, i'll try to download and make port again... but I'm not sure changes
> made...

You can download and make the same port over and over again and it will
never change. If you want to get the update version, you will need to
update the port kit on your system, using CVSup or something like that.
For more information, see the FreeBSD Handbook on your system, look for
the topic "Keeping up to date with CVSup."

  • Re: bind8.2.3 - where is the correct place to download src?
    ... i'll try to download and make port again... ... > update the port kit on your system, using CVSup or something like that. ... > For more information, see the FreeBSD Handbook on your system, look for ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: openoffice-1.1 question...
    ... Then you could cvsup back in time to get one that does ... You could also download the OOo port that came with FreeBSD ... You may need less if you compile java before you compile oo. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: How did they get behind my NAT?
    ... Not having experience with that router, I can't be sure what limits it ... "default forwarding IP", although it is an option on many. ... that listens on that port. ... Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
    ... 10 5 anywhere download free pc ... 11 0 anywhere host pc remote ... 11 anywhere download pc symantec trial ... anywhere forwarding pc port ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: Newb questions
    ... > times, configured cvsup, used port upgrade and all the rest. ... > it's easy to get lost in the documentation and still not figure it out. ... entries in /etc/make.conf so the port version doesn't get clobbered. ... getting Sendmail usable can be a short cut to getting over the initial setup ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)