Re: bind8.2.3 - where is the correct place to download src?

From: Yuri A. Wolf (subs@ovk.altai.ru)
Date: 01/31/01

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:08:58 +0600 (NOVT)
From: "Yuri A. Wolf" <subs@ovk.altai.ru>
To: freebsd-security@FreeBSD.org

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 09:45:37AM +0600, Yuri A. Wolf wrote:
>
> > i meant the place at ftp.freebsd.org where the port is. yesterday i
> > downloaded the new port (with patches of course), but there was an error
> > during patching (patch-ac). the sources were from ftp.isc.org, and i
> > putted them into distfiles, so there wasn't mistake as i think...
>
> www.freebsd.org/ports - fairly obvious location, eh? :)

yeah I know that, I was there hundreds times...

actually I just checked there is bind-8.2.2.p7 in title at
http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/net.html and links to 8.2.3 on ftp.isc.org

that's why i asked
well, i'll try to download and make port again... but I'm not sure changes
made...

and in any case something strange that i can't nslookup
ftp.FreeBSD.org... freefall, mx1 etc they are all nslookups in right way,
and yesterday there wasn't problem with it... a sort of attack or
paranoya?

> Kris

  • Re: How did they get behind my NAT?
    ... Not having experience with that router, I can't be sure what limits it ... "default forwarding IP", although it is an option on many. ... that listens on that port. ... Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PC ANYWHERE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... 10 5 anywhere download free pc ... 11 0 anywhere host pc remote ... 11 anywhere download pc symantec trial ... anywhere forwarding pc port ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: How did they get behind my NAT?
    ... Not having experience with that router, I can't be sure what limits it ... "default forwarding IP", although it is an option on many. ... I understand that exposing a port exposes any service ... Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: I am sick of windows firewall
    ... download anymore, I switch my modem off/ on to get a new IP ... Telnet servers are known to have no password, this open Telnet ... port will be attracting a LOT of the wrong kind of attention. ... If you really want to control where outbound connections can ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Torrent???
    ... So then attempted to download a "Torrent?" ... Or would some one please explain "Torrent" to this old dummy? ... LinkSys to work with the uTorrent. ... You must be having issues with port forwarding. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)