Re: bind8.2.3 port

From: Omer Faruk Sen (ofsenfreebsd@yahoo.com)
Date: 01/30/01

Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:07:17 -0800 (PST)
From: Omer Faruk Sen <ofsenfreebsd@yahoo.com>
To: Rossen Raykov <rraykov@sageian.com>

You can download that port from www.freshports.org or
www.freebsd.org/ports
But I think there is a compilation problem with it.I
am not sure but I have tried to compile that port 4
times with the same source code.It has given me errors
everytime and all of them was in different .c
file.Weird isn't it.And after compiling it.I made a
reboot but sysctl command and some of my system
command started to give core dumps.I am not sure
bind8.2.3 port is the reason for that any feedback ???

--- Rossen Raykov <rraykov@sageian.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Form where I can get bind8.2.3 port?
> I found only bind-8.2.2.p7.tgz and bind-9.1.0.tgz
> in

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/All/

> Thanks,
>
> Rossen

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of
> the message

  • Re: bind8.2.3 port
    ... > But I think there is a compilation problem with it.I ... > am not sure but I have tried to compile that port 4 ... Sounds like a hardware or general system problem. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: bind8.2.3 port
    ... The port from www.freshports.org works fine for me. ... Everything compiled from the first time. ... I received errors only during package registration after install. ... > But I think there is a compilation problem with it.I ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Problem with #define
    ... Reduce it to the smallest compilable sample that still ... that "I get an error" refers to a compilation failure.) ... ] I am using #define PORT 80, ... the actual complete source file that you're feeding to the compiler ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: game programming basics
    ... Most win32 stuff is hard to port to something else. ... > Again, that sucks. ... Well, maybe I will write a lib for Linux and provide a compilation service, ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: portupgrade -a without any make menu pop-up?
    ... various compilation options for given port. ... Upgrade is quite inconvenient when it is interrupted several times... ... directory before starting portupgrade (well, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)