Re: bind8.2.3 and installation problem

From: Dan Langille (
Date: 01/30/01

From: "Dan Langille" <>
To: "Crist J. Clark" <>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:38:28 +1300

On 30 Jan 2001, at 1:26, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> > It can't be that simple!
> I hate to break it to you (I guess?), but it is. I did it on my
> CURRENT box for testing and it clobbered the old BIND quite nicely.
> Before,
> bubbles# ls -l /usr/sbin/named
> -r-xr-xr-x 1 root wheel 501408 Jan 18 13:17 /usr/sbin/named
> After,
> bubbles# !ls
> ls -l /usr/sbin/named
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 595752 Jan 30 01:22 /usr/sbin/named
> Like I said, PREFIX rocks.

I actually tried: make PREFIX=/usr DESTETC=/etc install

The only catch was needing to have /etc/name.conf, so I created a

# ln -s /etc/named.conf /etc/namedb/named.conf

I'll do more testing in the morning....

Dan Langille
pgpkey - finger |
To Unsubscribe: send mail to

  • Texas Pastor Arrested for Compelling Prostitution
    ... "The death penalty is about revenge and hate, and revenge and hate is why my ... LUBBOCK - A Lubbock pastor was charged with compelling prostitution after ... James Cornell Clark, 54, was being held Friday at the Hockley County Jail on ...
  • Re: Is the technique described in this article do-able with
    ... On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Crist J. Clark wrote: ... good look at the code first, and deliberately trying to find a way to ... machines, usually with very few services ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
  • Re: Southwest Airlines - 2 seats together
    ... Clark W. Griswold, Jr. ... > Hate these situations. ... You get to balance being right against the value of the ...
  • Re: Read-Only Partitions Again (was Re: Hi)
    ... On 8 Feb, Crist J. Clark wrote: ... > The real trick with having a read-only root partition is how to deal ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...
  • Re: Apple and FreeBSD Security Collaboration
    ... > I hate to be so cynical and not accept it at face value, ... drafts and vulnerability information reported to us. ... Kris ... with "unsubscribe freebsd-security" in the body of the message ...